Recently, Epson released a firmware update. If you are not yet affected by this, you can refer to the instructions below on how to disable future Epson firmware upgrades. Otherwise, if you are one of those that are affected by this recent Epson firmware changes, then the instructions below might help you on how to do an Epson printer firmware reset or Epson firmware downgrade.
Here is a link to a youtube video for your reference:
Video on Downgrade firmware on Epson WF-3720
You can now use Initial or compatible cartridges even if your printer has a firmware that blocks them. Link to file: https://gofile.io/d/7e3xnD
How to Turn Off Epson firmware updates:
If you are using Windows, you can disable automatic updates by opening up the Epson Software Updater on your desktop.
1. Search for "Epson Software Updater" on the Windows search bar and open up the program
2. Select your printer model from the drop down menu and then select "Auto Update Settings"
3. Select "Never" under the "Interval to Check" menu. To save your settings and exit, select "OK".
Here are the alternative set of instructions on how to disable automatic firmware updates on an Epson printer:
1. On your Windows Taskbar, right click on the Epson printer icon.
2. Right click on the printer icon and select "Software Update Settings" from the list.
3. Select the "Never" option and then click OK.